Ranakpur Festival: Get ready to embark on a cultural journey to Rajasthan, India, where the Ranakpur Festival awaits you. This vibrant event celebrates the rich heritage and traditions of the region, leaving you mesmerized by its kaleidoscope of colors, pulsating music, and captivating performances. This festival is also popularly known with the name of Ranakpur Jawai Bandh Festival.
This festival showcases a blend of Rajasthani folk, Yoga and Fusion Dances accompanied by Musical Performances and Vocal Artists.
Organized annually by the Department of Tourism, Govt. of Rajasthan, the event offers a glimpse into the state’s rich heritage, art, and traditions.
Visitors can partake in enjoyable activities such as hot-air ballooning, yoga sessions, nature trails in the Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary forests, a visit to the Ranakpur temple, tug of war, and more.
The festival also provides an opportunity for tourists to explore the Ranakpur Jain temple, renowned as the marble Jain temple, which stands as one of the city’s finest Jain temples.
Ranakpur Festival Location
The festivities unfold in the picturesque town of Ranakpur, nestled amidst the Aravalli Hills in the Pali district of Rajasthan.
The city of Ranakpur undergoes a charming transformation during the Ranakpur Festival, especially at the Sun Temple.
Ranakpur Festival Dates
The festival typically takes place in December, attracting visitors from all corners of the globe. The exact dates vary each year.
This year Ranakpur Festival Dates are 21-22 December 2023.
Also Read: Best Places to Visit in Manali
A Celebration of Culture
The Ranakpur Festival is a treasure trove of cultural experiences. Immerse yourself in the enchanting melodies of Rajasthani folk music, witness the graceful movements of traditional dancers, and be captivated by the vibrant costumes adorned with intricate embroidery.
Rajasthani folk dancers performing during Ranakpur Festival.
Highlights of the Ranakpur Festival
- Mesmerizing Performances: Witness a captivating display of Rajasthani folk dances, including Ghoomar, Kalbelia, and Chari. Be mesmerized by the folk music, played with traditional instruments like the dhol, shehnai, and harmonium.
- Exquisite Craftsmanship: Wander through stalls showcasing the remarkable craftsmanship of Rajasthan. Discover hand-woven carpets, intricate jewelry, and colorful textiles.
- Cultural Programs: Attend thought-provoking lectures and discussions on topics related to Rajasthani history, art, and culture.
- Adventure Activities: Embark on a jeep safari through the stunning Aravalli Hills, or take a boat ride on the serene Jawai Bandh Lake.
- Temple Visits: Pay homage to the magnificent Ranakpur Jain Temple, a architectural marvel renowned for its intricate carvings and serene atmosphere. Another attraction is Surya Narayan Temple dedicated to God Surya (Sun).
Activities of Ranakpur Festival
Day 1: Yoga & Meditation, Nature Walk, Jeep Safari, Deepotsav, Cultural Evening
Day 2: Yoga & Meditation, Adventure Sports Activities, Horse Show followed by Cultural Evening
Planning Your Trip for Ranakpur Festival
Ranakpur offers various accommodation options to suit every budget, from luxurious hotels to traditional guesthouses. Book your stay well in advance, especially if you’re traveling during peak season.
How to reach?
Ranakpur is well-connected by road and rail to major cities in Rajasthan. You can also opt for a convenient flight to Udaipur, followed by a short road trip.
- The nearest airport is Udaipur and Jodhpur, which is 106 KMs away.
- The nearest convenient railway station is Falna Railway Station, which is 35 KMs away.
- The nearest major city is Pali and Udaipur, which is 100KMs away.
December in Rajasthan is generally pleasant, with warm days and cool nights. Pack comfortable clothing suitable for the weather and be prepared for sunny days.
Ranakpur Festival Tips
- Carry comfortable shoes as you’ll be doing a lot of walking.
- Dress modestly, respecting the local culture.
- Bargain while shopping at the stalls.
- Carry a camera to capture the vibrant festivities.
- Be mindful of your belongings in crowded areas.
- It’s advisible to rent a car for visiting points of interests in Ranakpur and nearby.
The Ranakpur Festival is more than just a celebration; it’s a gateway into the soul of Rajasthan. It’s an opportunity to connect with the local people, immerse yourself in their traditions, and create memories that will last a lifetime. So, pack your bags, book your tickets, and get ready to experience the magic of the Ranakpur Festival.
With its vibrant atmosphere and captivating cultural experiences, the Ranakpur Festival promises to be an unforgettable journey for all who attend.
How many days are enough for Ranakpur Festival?
For covering Ranakpur Tourist Destinations along with Festival 2 to 3 days are enough.
How far is Ranakpur from Udaipur?
It’s 93 KM away from Udaipur i.e. 2:10 Hours Drive by Car or Bike.
What are the places to visit Ranakpur and NearBy?
– Ranakpur Jain Temple / Marble Temple
– Sun Temple, also known as Surya Narayan Temple
– Kumbhalgarh National Forest
– Ranakpur Bandh / Dam
– Muchhal Mahavir Temple (located in Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary)
What is the best time to visit Ranakpur in 2023?
Best time to visit Ranakpur is between October to March months of year.
We recomend to visit during December when Ranakpur Festival is organized. This festival is organized in December every year. Thsi year festival is from 21 to 22 December 2023.
Is there any entry fee for visiting Ranakpur Jain Temple?
No entry fee for Indian Tourists. While, 200 INR for foreign tourists including audio guide and 100 INR for photography (Cellphone/DSLR).
What is the best way to cover Ranakpur and all nearby attractions?
Hire a taxi and cover all the tourist attractions.
What is Ranakpur famous for?
Ranakpur is famous for it’s Jain Temple, also called Marble Jain Temple and Sun Temple (Surya Narayan temple) managed by Udaipur Royal Family.
What is the entry fee for Ranakpur Jain Temple?
No entry fee for Ranakpur Jain Temple, while Rs. 200 fee is for carring Camera.
What are the visiting hours of Ranakpur temple?
Visinting hours of Ranakpur Temple are 7 AM to 7 PM.
Is photography allowed in Ranakpur Jain Temple?
Yes, it’s allowed but you have pay the fee for carring camera inside.
What is the incomplete pillar in Ranakpur Jain Temple?
It is said by local that after the completion of the Jain Temple, Rana Kumbha wished to make a Kirtistambh (victory tower) for his fame, but it remained incomplete. It is called Adhuro Thambhalo (i.e. incomplete pillar).