Manali is a beautiful picturesque hill station situated in the Kullu Valley of Himachal Pradesh, India. Best Places to Visit in Manali, a popular tourist destination that attracts a large number of visitors from all over the world. Manali is the Best Places to Visit in India and one of India Famous places to visit. It’s a most loved tourist attraction in India. Before organizing a trip we must know the best places to visit in Manali, so that we can utilize our time accordingly.
Also, See the Story: Top 10 Points of Interest in Manali
Manali town is situated at an altitude of 2050 meters above sea level and is surrounded by snow-capped mountains, lush green forests, and meandering rivers which offer a stunning view. This is also famously known as Kullu Manali as well.
Manali is known for its breathtaking natural beauty and offers a perfect blend of adventure, spirituality, and relaxation. The town is an ideal place for nature lovers, adventure enthusiasts, and families alike.
One of the major attractions in Manali is its scenic beauty. The Beas River flows through the town, adding to its charm. The lush green forests that cover the hillsides are home to a wide variety of flora and fauna.
Manali has a pleasant climate throughout the year, making it a popular destination for tourists from all over the world. The town is well-connected by road and air, and there are plenty of hotels, homestays in Manali, and guesthouses that cater to the needs of tourists. The Manali local Food | cuisine is also a major attraction for foodies, and tourists can enjoy a wide variety of dishes that are unique to the region.
Manali is a perfect place for Workation (Work From Home / WFH) trending after COVID pandemic. There are a variety of stay types, one can stay in Manali Homestays & Resorts which fits all budget variety people and everyone can afford these Manali Packages. These are available on long-term (weekly/monthly) rental as well, these Manali homestays with Kitchen & without a kitchen are also can be booked.
Manali is also known for its adventure sports like Trekking, Paragliding, Skiing are some of the popular activities here. Solang Valley & Rohtang Pass are famous for Adventure activities.
Manali is a must-visit place for trekkers, as Manali is an excellent base for them and explore the Manali side of the Himalayas. Beas River is popular for rafting in the nearby town of Kullu Manali.
Some other Tourist Attractions are the Parvati Valley, Kasol, Tosh, Manikaran, Atal Tunnel, Sissu, and Spiti Valley.
In this article, we will explore the best tourist places to visit in Manali, the best time to visit Manali, the things to do in Manali, where to find the best popular restaurants in Manali, famous food of Manali for foodies, popular Manali trekking trails for tracking lovers, information on Manali weather and temperature, Manali snowfall months and how to reach Delhi to Manali by Bus / Train.
Best Places to Visit in Manali
- Hadimba Temple: The Hadimba Temple is one of the most famous tourist attractions in Manali. It is a beautiful wooden temple located in the middle of a forest. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Hadimba, the wife of Bhima from the Mahabharata. The temple is surrounded by tall cedar trees, and it is a popular spot for tourists to take photographs. Hidimba Temple is believed to have been built in the 16th century.
- Solang Valley: The Solang Valley is another popular tourist destination in Manali. It is located about 14 kilometers from the town and is famous for its beautiful views of the snow-capped mountains. The valley is also known for adventure sports such as paragliding, skiing, and zorbing. The Solang Valley is a popular destination for paragliding, and tourists can enjoy a bird’s eye view of the valley while gliding through the air.
- Rohtang Pass: The Rohtang Pass is a high mountain pass located about 51 kilometers from Manali. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the area, and tourists can enjoy stunning views of the surrounding mountains. The Pass is also famous for adventure sports such as skiing and snowboarding.
- Vashisht Hot Water Springs: The Vashisht Hot Water Springs is located about 3 kilometers from Manali. They are believed to have medicinal properties and are a popular spot for tourists to take a dip in the hot springs. The springs are surrounded by lush green forests, and there are several temples in the area that are worth visiting.
- Manu Temple: Manu Temple is located on the banks of the Beas River in Old Manali, is another popular destination for tourists. It is believed to be the only temple in India dedicated to Sage Manu.
- Beas River: The Beas River flows through Manali, and it is a beautiful spot for tourists to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the area. There are several walking trails along the river, and tourists can also enjoy activities such as river rafting and fishing.
- Atal Tunnel: after the opening of Atal Tunnel travelers can visit Sissu, Kaza within few hours and it makes possible access to Spiti Valley in all weather and throughout the year. Passing through Atal Tunnel gives you the next level of experience once you cross the tunnel and enter Spiti Valley.
- Naggar Castle: is an ancient architectural marval situated on a hilltop overlooking the Kullu Valley. This castle is built in 15th Century. It’s made with stone & wood. In the castle you can witness the fine woodwork, ancient artifacts and Jagat Patti Temple.
- Jana Fall: En route to Bijli’s temple lies Jana Waterfall in Manali, situated 11.5 km away from Naggar Castle. As you traverse the winding hilly path, bordered by enchanting pine trees, you’ll experience a sense of euphoria. The origin of Jana Falls’ water remains concealed within the mountains. September is the ideal time to witness the beauty of these remarkable waterfalls. Alternatively, a brief drive from Naggar provides convenient access to the falls.
Best Time to Visit Manali
The best time to visit Manali is from March to June and from September to December. The weather during these months is pleasant, and tourists can enjoy a range of outdoor activities. The summer months of March to June are ideal for trekking and camping, while the winter months of September to December are perfect for skiing and snowboarding.
Things to Do in Manali
- Trekking: Manali is famous for its trekking trails, and there are several trails that are suitable for both beginners and experienced trekkers. Some of the popular trekking trails in the area include the Beas Kund Trek, the Hampta Pass Trek, and the Chandrakhani Pass Trek.
- Adventure Sports: Manali is a popular destination for adventure sports such as paragliding, skiing, and river rafting. Tourists can enjoy these activities in places such as Solang Valley and Rohtang Pass.
- Camping: Camping is a popular activity in Manali, and tourists can enjoy camping in beautiful locations such as the Solang Valley and the Beas Kund Trek.
- Sightseeing: Manali has several beautiful tourist attractions that are worth visiting, such as the Hadimba Temple, the Vashisht Hot Water Springs, and the Rohtang Pass.
- Local Cuisine: Manali has a unique cuisine that is worth trying. Some of the popular dishes in the area include Himachali Dham, a traditional meal consisting of rice, lentils, and vegetables, and Sidu.
Best Stays in Manali
Also Read: HomeStays – The New Trend in India
You can also book the HPTDC (Himachal Govt. Stays) guesthouse of resorts.
Best and Popular Restaurants in Manali
There are a lot of good Restaurants available on Mall Road, in Old Manali, near Circuit House, and near Nehru Park.
You can choose one as per your taste and convenience.
When it comes to local food, Manali is known for its Himachali cuisine, which includes dishes like Dham, Madra, and Sidu. Dham is a traditional meal served during festivals and weddings, while Madra is a popular dish made with chickpeas and yogurt. Sidu is a bread made with wheat flour and yeast, often served with ghee and honey.
Read in detail about Famous Manali Local Food.
Manali Tracking Trails
Manali is a must-visit place for trekkers, as Manali is an excellent base for them and explore the Manali side of the Himalayas.
Each trek offers a unique experience, stunning scenery, and a chance to connect with nature. note that some of these treks require a certain level of fitness and experience, so make sure to choose a trek that suits your capabilities.
Some of the most popular and thrilling treks in Manali are listed below.
- Hampta Pass Trek
- Beas Kund Trek
- Bhrigu Lake Trek
- Chandrakhani Pass Trek
- Deo Tibba Base Camp Trek
- Friendship Peak Trek
- Pin Parvati Pass Trek
- Indrahar Pass Trek
- Sar Pass Trek
- Bara Bhangal Trek
Manali Temperature and Weather
In summer, which is from April to June, the temperature in Manali ranges from 10°C to 25°C. The weather during this time is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities like trekking, camping, and sightseeing.
In monsoon, which is from July to September, the temperature in Manali ranges from 10°C to 20°C. The weather during this time is usually cloudy with occasional rains. The rainfall in Manali during monsoon is moderate, but it can sometimes lead to landslides and roadblocks.
In winter, which is from October to March, the temperature in Manali ranges from -7°C to 10°C. The weather during this time is cold and the region receives heavy snowfall, making it an ideal destination for winter sports like skiing and snowboarding.
The best time to visit Manali is during the summer months of April to June when the weather is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities. Winter months are to experience the snow-covered landscape and indulge in winter sports activities. During monsoons, it’s not recommended to visit most of the hill stations due to sudden changes in weather, landslides, and roadblocks. It is advisable to check the weather forecast before planning a trip to Manali to avoid any inconvenience due to unexpected weather conditions.
Manali snowfall Time
Manali experiences snowfall between December to February, with January being the peak month for snowfall. During this time, the temperature in Manali drops to sub-zero levels, and the entire region is covered in a blanket of snow. The snowfall in Manali makes it an ideal destination for winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, and ice skating. However, it is advisable to check the weather forecast before planning a trip during this time as heavy snowfall can sometimes lead to roadblocks and other inconveniences. Additionally, tourists planning to visit during the snowfall season in Manali must carry warm clothes and necessary winter gear to stay warm and comfortable during their stay in Manali.
How to Reach Delhi to Manali
There are several ways to reach Manali from Delhi. You can choose the one that suits your budget and travel preferences. Here are some of the most popular options:
By Air: The nearest airport to Manali is the Bhuntar Airport in Kullu, which is about 50 km away. You can take a direct flight from Delhi to Kullu, and then take a taxi or bus to reach Manali.
By Bus: Manali is well-connected to Delhi by road, and there are several bus services available that run between the two cities Delhi to Manali. You can take a state-run or private bus from Delhi to Manali, which takes around 12-14 hours.
By Train: The nearest railway station to Manali is Joginder Nagar Railway Station, which is about 165 km away. There are several trains available from Delhi to Joginder Nagar, and then you can take a taxi or bus to reach Manali.
By Car: You can also reach Manali from Delhi by car. The drive takes around 12-14 hours, and there are several car rental services available in Delhi. The route from Delhi to Manali passes through the beautiful towns of Chandigarh, Mandi, and Kullu, offering scenic views of the Himalayas.
What is best time to visit Manali in Winter?
In Winter to experiences snowfall in Manali plan a tour between December to February, with January being the peak month for snowfall.
What is snowfall time / months in Manali?
Snowfall months in Manali are December to February.
What is best time to visit Manali in Summer?
The best time to visit Manali is during the summer months of April to June when the weather is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities.
Which is nearest railway station to Manali?
Ambala Cantt & Chandigarh are the nearest railway station to Manali. You can take Volvo bus or Hire a cab from there to Manali.
Is december good good time to visit Manali?
Yes, to see snow capped tops nad witness snowfall it’s the best time to visit Manali.