- this can help to protect you from many serious diseases such as heart attack, stroke, cancers, diabetes, depression, obesity and arthritis.
- Riding a bi-cycle is healthy, fun and a low-impact type of exercise for all ages.
- You can fit Cycling into your daily routine by riding to the grocery shop, park, school or office.
Cycling for our health and fitness
Two to Three hours of cycling a week to achieve a good improvement to your health. Cycling is:
- Safe exercise – it is safe for all ages and causes less strain and injuries than most other exercises.
- Gives good muscle workout – while cycling we use all of the major muscles while padeling.
- It’s Easy – unlike other sports, cycling does not require high levels of physical skill. Most people know how to ride a cycle, once you learn, you never forget.
- Strength and stamina – cycling increases stamina, strength and aerobic fitness of our body.
- As intense as you want – cycling can be done at very low intensity to begin with, if recovering from injury or illness, but can be built up to a demanding physical workout.
- A fun way to get fit – the adventure and buzz you get from coasting down hills and being outdoors means you are more likely to continue to cycle regularly, compared to other physical activities that keep you indoors or require special times or places.
- Time-efficient – as a mode of transport, cycling replaces sedentary (sitting) time spent driving motor vehicles or using trams, trains or buses with healthy exercise.
How cycling benefits our Health?
Cycling is mainly an aerobic activity, which means that your heart, lungs and blood vessels all get a good workout. You will breath deeper, perspire and experience increased body temperature, which will improve your overall body fitness level.
The health benefits of regular cycling are:
- increased muscle strength and flexibility
- increased cardiovascular fitness
- improved joint mobility
- decreased level of stress
- improved posture
- strong bones
- less body fat levels
- prevent disease
- reduced depression
- reduced anxiety.